Thursday, March 27, 2014

The fab pregnancy has yet again met another nemesis!

The smooth, drama free pregnancy has met yet another nemesis!!!

As many of you saw, I posted yesterday my weekly bump pictures. 
Under it I posted some random facts, but posted a prayer request specifically praying that Rowan wouldn't come early, etc. I prayed about that and some other worries with my daily prayers earlier that morning.

Anywho, I noticed from 9:30-11:00 I was having some major tightening, what I thought was Braxton hicks. I have had them before but normally they go away after 3 of them. However, this was non stop. They didn't hurt but they were uncomfortable. I texted my sister seeing if she had this too. After a little while, she suggested I call labor and delivery.

Sigh. I was nervous to call and plus I didn't want to be THAT first-timer. However I listened, talked to a nice lady named Cheryl who said I needed to come in. My rock star of a sister left work to take me to the hospital. I of course called Shannon but he works 45 min away and we all had an unofficial plan in case something happened  and Shannon couldn't pick up, my sister (who works less than 20 min away) would take me to the hospital.

We get there and of course can't find labor and delivery lol! Thankfully, a kind doctor led the way. I get checked in, meet Gracie, my nurse and I get hooked up :

She immediately frowned because my pulse was sky high, matching the baby's heart rate practically. She got concerned. Mind you, on the outside, I was calm and cool. But on the inside, I was petrified. "I'm only 31 weeks!" "What if she comes now?" "She can't come now!" "Rowan, don't you even think about it!" And my number one, "God, protect my beautiful daughter, I'm begging you!" I was petrified. 

Basically, long story short, I was having painless contractions every 30 seconds to one min. I took a pee test to check for dehydration plus an FFN test to see if I am going to go to labor. Thankfully all that came back negative. That FFN test tells you  basically that you have a 99% chance that you will not go into labor for at least 2 weeks, lol. In the beginning and at the end my cervix was checked. Thankfully my cervix was long and closed each time which is what it obviously should be this early in the game.
However they were a little bit baffled as to why I'm still having contractions. I was given some medicine to stop/relieve the contractions.  I told them that on Wednesday I a little bit overdid it on nesting. I was lectured that I need to absolutely take it easy and pretty much not do anything. They didn't put me on bed rest because they didn't think it was necessary.
Anyway here I am sitting in bed. I must admit I am really, really, really nervous. My stomach still feels tight. it's kind of funny. It's sort of feels like you can kinda bounce a coin my stomach. I don't  feel like I'm contracting just feels rockhard. Anyway my doctor was notified all that good stuff. I really do have a serious prayer request. Please just pray that things can continue to go well and that Rowan cooks a little bit longer.
All the test came back fine but I can't help but feel nervous. I wish I was 36 or 37 weeks because it wouldn't be as big of deal. She really and truly needs to stay put!!!! Mamas, please share if this ever happened to you! In some ways, I have to laugh! I have now met another pregnancy nemesis! 

Me feeling seriously annoyed....

My awesome hospital outfit:

Sigh, happy Friday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment