Friday, March 28, 2014

Our baby moon

HI loves,
 
Right now I am in my second week of spring break. It has been fabulous.
 
Last week, hubby and I decided to go on a babymoon. I had uploaded a pic to IG and put hashtag babymoon. When I clicked on it, I saw a lot of preggos and their partners going to lavish babymoons in Europe, Bali, Bahamas, Mexican resorts, you name it. Us? Well, we aren't that fancy lol, plus, we don't have extra thousands lying around to take a fancy babymoon (would be nice!). Instead, we went to the wine country, Windsor and Healdsburg.
 
One would ask "why the heck would you go there if you can't have ANY wine whatsoever?"
 
Yes, it makes sense! I love my wine! However, if any of y'all have been to Healdsburg, it is seriously gorgeous. If you don't wine taste, you can appreciate the beauty of this place. Honestly, driving through Dry Creek road, feels more like Italy than California. Here is a pic to give you an idea of the amazingness of this place ( this isn't my actual photo):
                                     
 It is so freaking gorgeous. I truly feel peaceful and relaxed in this place, hence why we chose to come here.
 
Day 1, we left after church and made a quick pit stop for drinks and snacks. A short 2 hours later, we arrived at our time-share, Worldmark Windsor. We quickly unloaded and hit the road to wine taste (well me, water tasting LOL). We arrived at our first winery, Papapietro winery. They were very nice and provided me with a comfy seat, Pellegrino water, and some crackers.
From left to right: //roadtrip selfies//hubby with his pinot//my Pellegrino and I//Papapietro sign :)
 
After, we headed up to Dutcher Crossing, which is also on Dry Creek Road. It is one of my favorites, and our dear friend Mark also works there. We had a good time catching up, and enjoying more tasting (me just watching with water, lol!).
After, we went back to the resort to swim. I was excited to sport my bikini. First, I don't have stretch marks (not yet at least) and for once in my life, I didn't have to worry how flat my stomach looked. I wore my bump loud and proud, LOL!!! After, we got dressed and went to dinner at KC's Grill in Windsor (sorry no pics).
 left to right: //hubby enjoying some cooney cab//me watching lol//taking a picture with this gorgeous background/ Ro and mama//our view of the pool :) //bare baby bump at the pool!
 
The next day, we went to Dry Creek Road winery. This winery is gorgeous and their wine bottles are seriously a work of art. I would buy every single one just because the bottles are so pretty.
 
After Dry Creek Road, we went to Portalupi wines. We love this place. They make the best Barbera ever, which is a fabulous Italian wine that is not a commonly made in California. We had a certificate to do a wine, meat and cheese tasting. Despite not being able to have wine, I was thrilled to have the meat and cheese. AND YES people, the meat was fine to have and the cheese was pasteurized, so I was all good to chow down. The owners gave me blood orange San pellegrino (Italian soda) and it was so delicious.
left-right: hubby at his fave place//wine selfies//portalupi wines, so modern and cute

left to right: most delish Italian soda//our meat and cheese platter, yum//omg, I could devour this whole thing!
 
Afterwards, we went and explored Healdsburg some more. Seriously, its the cutest town known to man! We first stopped off at Costeaux French bakery. OMG. Carb and sugar heaven for sure! After, we stopped by Healdsburg craft cupcakes. I had been there once. The shop is super cute and shabby chic, right up my alley! I got 2 cupcakes and I was the happiest preggo ever!
Top row: Costeaux French Bakery
Bottom row: Healdsburg Craft Cupcakes


I'm a happy girl
Here are some precious pics of this precious town and its stores. So cute:
 
On our drive back to Windsor, hubby felt "inspired to take some pictures from the side of the road. He is so cute! After, we met up with our friends for Mark and Danielle for dinner. I am sad I didn't take any pictures. It was fun catching up with them and their 2 beautiful girls.

The next day, we stopped for breakfast at a local diner and then we headed home, due to Shannon needing to be back for coaching. I must say, this was truly the most little babymoon ever. I came home feeling rested and refreshed. It was so nice to get away!






No comments:

Post a Comment