Friday, January 31, 2014

To the pregnant lady I met at Disneyland...


The other day, a coworker commented on how fast this pregnancy has gone by.

I have to agree. It's been flying!
 Lately, I have been thinking about my little journey thus far. It also  reminded me of a random story that happened at the beginning of my preggo journey.

Let's take a trip back to late September. I had just found out I was pregnant on September 22nd. That following weekend we would be heading to Disneyland. By that point, I would be 4 weeks pregnant. I was a nervous wreck. I wasn't sure what rides to go on, and the fact that a human was forming in my body was making my head spin.

Well, per the "okay" from my doctor,  I rode most all rides EXCEPT for Tower of Terror and California Screamin'. I drew the line there. Can't say I 100% enjoyed everything fully, as I was petrified I would hurt the baby (clearly I didn't). As I was waiting in the lines, I was starting to feel crampy, and overall weird. Also, some other things were happening to my body that may be too TMI to share, LOL, but I was just one ball of nerves.

....Cue in the stranger pregnant lady....

I was in the bathroom, washing my hands. Next to me was an adorable preggo lady, who, poor thing was very pregnant and trying to help her other small child wash their hands. Somehow we caught eyes, and she commented how bloody hot it was. I nodded in agreement and then blurted out, almost tearfully,

"I'm newly pregnant/only 4 weeks along/I'm brand new to this/first timer/never been pregnant, ever/ I feel weird/I'm cramping/there are all these fluids/is this normal?/my boobs hurt/scared to do these rides/I'm going to hurt the baby/help!"

Okay, so I am sure it made more sense than that lol. The lady looked taken aback, but something in her face showed extreme compassion and pity for this brand new mama to be. I am sure she could of course see the fear that was written all over my face.

Her first words were "Oh honey. Congrats, but don't worry....". She then took time out of her busy schedule to literally hold my hands and talk me through all of it. Of COURSE everything that was happening thus far was normal, but when its your first time, you don't know any better. She was so sweet and kind. She helped me through it and we parted ways. When I left the bathroom, I felt like a brand new girl and I was able to enjoy my trip.

I didn't catch her name, but I will never forget the pregnant lady from Disneyland. Wherever you are, thank you. You helped this crazy preggo regain some of her sanity (don't have it all yet, LMAO!). Thank you.

Till next time loves,



No comments:

Post a Comment