Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The lazy preggo and working out...

Ahhh....the gym and I have a love/hate relationship. When I am good and consistent with the gym, I see results. Then I plateau and go through a battle of the minds to get my arse back in the gym/routine.

Any trainer/health guru will tell you a balanced diet complete with some sort of exercise is truly the answer for a healthy diet and weight. Especially when you become with child, the excuse of couch potato is no longer accepted.

Heck, I have oodles of friends who worked out like hellions, still did 5ks and so forth. I have known some current preggos who are eating these perfectly healthy meals that look like something out of a health magazine. Me, yeah not so much. 

I wish I had a better excuse for not working out. I known preggos/current preggos who were/are super nauseated and super sick, and may have skipped out on the gym. That to me is extremely understandable. What's my excuse? Um, I feel tired and I simply don't want to. Yeah, that's stupid.

So far in this pregnancy, I have gained almost 7 pounds. I haven't eaten well. Its so much easier to grab a meal on the go, or make something that's out of a box. My clean eating friends are going to flip a lid, but hey, I'm being honest! I am truly and sincerely shocked I haven't gained a jillion pounds by now.
Over the break, it hit me. I am not a vision of  perfect weight. If anything, I should have been WAY skinnier prior to pregnancy. And while yes, I haven't gained a crazy amount, I need to be careful and mindful of what I am doing and putting into my body. At the end of the day, its for the benefit of my precious muggle.

Slowly, I began working out, easing back into my old workouts and routines. I started prenatal yoga at home (I will add the link below). I started walking more and I did a fun hike which made my body angry (you can read about that here). On Monday, I went back to the gym with the hub and it felt glorious. I started new and more fun recipes which led me to cook more.

Wow...it took my only 5 months to get my arse in gear. Not good. I am frustrated at myself for now just getting with the program. I of course am not working out to "get skinny" or "lose weight". I am doing it for the health of myself and muggle butt. Even though I am starting late, I am figuring that's better than nothing! Below I am adding some videos that I have found online that will maybe help my current preggos. Even if you have a routine set, a gym membership, etc, these videos could be a nice addition to whatever you are doing. They aren't crazy and actually kind of fun. And yes, don't worry. I'm definitely listening to my body! After my crazy hike, I am listening to my body and slowing down if it becomes too much. Here are some faves:

   Man, I heart this girl. She is so pretty, soft spoken and has a fabulous British accent. LOVE! These videos are 10-11 minutes long! That's nothing:
         
I LOVE Andrea Orbeck!And for my non-preggos, she has amazing videos which I did prior to pregnancy. She is a trainer to the stars and she WORKS you out, considering her videos are only 10 minutes. Even doing this with a walk would be a good workout!

This isn't Andrea Orbeck, but its from the same youtube channel popsugar fitness! This is a great lower body video!

          And just adding one more, another yoga workout from the same channel, popsugar fitness:
 


Till next time loves! 
 


1 comment:

  1. Awww- so proud of you Karla! It's not about beating yourself up- it's about taking healthy steps when you can and knowing you did something great for you and baby :) Great job girl! Gaining only 7 at 5 months is actually a REALLY good weight estimate! So...you're doing something right. Keep at it- and make sure and give yourself plenty of credit....after all....you are growing another human you know ;)

    ReplyDelete