Thursday, January 9, 2014

5 months!!!!!!


Wow. 5 months already?!?!? Crazy! This pregnancy is flying by at an insane rate. I feel like it was just September 22nd, when I found out I was pregnant.


I am very excited and terrified at the same time, knowing that a HUGE but beautiful change is coming in a quick 4 months. I pray everyday that God can prepare me physically, mentally and emotionally for this radical change.

Here is a round up of my pregnancy so far:

How Far Along: 20 weeks today!!!

Size of Muggle: Muggle butt is the size of a banana. Supposedly, Muggle is about 10.5 ounces now! He/She is getting so big!!

Total Weight Gain: 7 lbs so far.

Crazy mood swings? It has improved. I still feel weepy at times, and still get a little too irritated over nonsense! Trying to work on that!  

What I miss: I would like to say nothing, but if I am really being honest, I super miss wine and bloody marys, LOL!!!! And I know I know, its worth it, but to answer the question that's my honest truth!

Sleep: I am mastering the sleeping on my sides. My body pillow has been great and I sleep soundly most nights. There are times when I need to pee. Practice for night feedings!!!

Symptoms: Besides my body being mad for the crazy hike last week, I have felt pretty great! Nothing out of control or crazy! I just feel sleepy at night. 

Cravings:YES. Dairy, dairy dairy. Shakes, chocolate milk, cheese...yes please! Also baby dill pickles, smoothies and of course cereal.  


Aversions: None. I think that went away after the 3rd month. 

Movement: I felt Muggle on Christmas, but then I didn't feel him/her as much! I thought I just imagined it, but in the last week or two, I can definitely feel Muggle! More so at night. It's awesome to feel him/her!!!! 

Belly stats: Oh man, do I have a belly! I  feel like I'm huge! I really felt self conscious about it considering there were other preggos who basically didn't have a belly at 5 months. I learned to get over it quickly, because having a preggo belly is beautiful and it's absurd to feel self conscious!  Everyone is different! Plus, I have learned that the women on my mom's side all had HUGE bellies when pregnant. Makes sense then! I love rubbing my belly too, it's the best feeling in the world!

Maternity Clothes: Yes, mainly in the pants department, thanks to my burgeoning belly. Oh how I love maternity jeans! I have some maternity tops, but a lot of my tops and dresses still fit.

Stretch marks? I found a tiny one on my side. Guess the stretch mark train might find me! And for the record, I slathered on those "anti stretch mark" creams. It looks like it's starting to prove the theory "no matter what you do, you either going to get them or you don't".

Best Moments this week: people being so kind and supportive! A lot of people in our lives are very excited for Muggle to be here! Hubby and I feel thankful that our precious baby is so loved by many!
Another best moment is feeling Muggle move! 

What I'm looking forward to: Our 20 week ultrasound (not excited about all the water I have to drink). I am actually feeling nervous because I am praying Muggle is healthy and developing normally (we opted out of prenatal testing). I am also very excited, as next weekend we are having our gender reveal!!!

Thankful everyday for this sweet baby!!! Our adventure is only beginning!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment