Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day 2015


I hope all my pretty mamas had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know this is almost a week late, but hey, better than never!

Ah...what a difference a year makes....
 
 
The picture on the left shows an overwhelmed mama dealing with MAJOR baby blues and a tiny preemie baby. That mama was feeling so nervous and unsure of herself. This year's picture shows a mama who is much more confident, rested and feeling a little more sure of herself. I'm also blown away on how different "my tiny NICU" baby looks!

Mother's Day was super nice and mostly RELAXING which was so needed.

Our morning started us off with going to church. We tried Rowan in nursery for the very first time. She did great for 10 minutes then threw the BIGGEST drama queen fit in the world. Daddy entertained her in the hall while I sat through service. Oh Rowan!

After, we came home, Rowan went down for a nap, and I put on jammies and got back into bed! I caught up on some Nashville and took a quick snooze! SO HEAVENLY! When us girls woke up, I got my mother's day present, which was a pair of heels I was dying to have plus some gorgeous flowers! I'm not the kind of high maintenance gal who needs diamonds, etc (sorry if this offends you LOL) but I love getting gifts like shoes!!!

We then piled into the car and headed over to my sister's where the husbands cooked a DELICIOUS brunch with mimosas! We stuffed ourselves silly, took some more naps (YES!) and hung out! We spoiled my gorgeous mama with some well deserved gifts!  It was perfect! We ended up staying for dinner and my sister made this awesome bubble up pizza casserole. After, she and I went on a 3 mile walk and caught up on Scandal. Overall a perfect mother's day! I felt very loved and spoiled. I still can't believe I get to be the mama of my gorgeous girl! I hope the rest of y'all had a great Mother's day!


1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! You both look so different! It really is crazy the difference a year can make!

    ReplyDelete