Thursday, May 21, 2015

Rowan: 13 months



Wow, how is this girl already 13 months?!?!? I have been a little bit of a hot mess since she turned one. I loved the baby stage and I must admit, I am nervous for the toddler stage! I hear its so not easy! I kinda went back and forth about posting these monthly updates. However, I am going ahead with it! I know I will love loook backing on these posts. I have done it with her baby ones and it's so neat! I am doing the format just a little different though...



Age:13 months, 11.5 months adjusted

Weight and clothing size: 
Rowan still weighs about 24 pounds. She still has her delicious rolls Pretty much ONLY wears 2t, and size 4 diapers! Still tiniest feet in the land! She is also SO short! It cracks me up! She is a chubby short person!!

Eating:
Rowan is a great eater! She eats mostly everything but doesn't like when her food is too dry. Her favorites are eggs, waffles, all fruits, veggies and cheese. She is drinking milk and water regularly out of cups. She also has gotten the hang of drinking out of a straw!

Rowan can:
-Crawl much quicker and is more confident in pulling herself up. No signs of walking yet. However, I have a peace about it and still learning NOT TO COMPARE. She is also still within the realm of normal, though some people still think its crazy she isn't running ,LOL. I don't think people realize but the norm for walking can range from 9 months up to 18 months! Every baby is different and God has made her uniquely her!

-Her fine motor skills are quite impressive and she's a great problem solver. For example, she had 2 toys in her hand, but wanted another toy. She bent forward and picked it up with her mouth, LOL! She's crazy!
  I know I am her mom, but I had to take an early intervention quiz about her progress. I obviously answered honestly and she still scored off the charts for fine motor! So proud of my little!

-She points to EVERYTHING and always says "dis?" or "Dat" while pointing. 

-She is getting good at recognizing objects and can tell you "where the cow is" and other objects. It a little bit blows my mind. 

-Rowan has always been saying mama, dada, dis, dat and der. She's still continuing to make long blends and sounds, and has full blown gibberish conversations with us and herself (LOL). I think we are going to have a chatty cathy on our hands! 

-learning more Spanish and seeming to respond!


Rowan loves:
- BOOKS. This makes my heart soar! She will pull out her books, and start "reading" them. What's crazy though is she will gibber jabber her way through each page and point. It is the darn cutest thing! She will also joyfully scream if she gets to a page she likes!

-dogs. She has been noticing more than usual and gets so excited. I wonder if we should get a dog, lol.

-Metal. I know that's weird, but any object made of metal she is immediately drawn to it and wants to bite it. What a crazy head!

Rowan doesn't like
 -When things are over. For example, She will scream and throw a fit if we stop her baby Einstein show. Or we pick her up from playing so we can feed her. Good grief! 

-Weird textures. If her food is super dry or has a funny texture, she will gag herself or make a crazy face. 

Sleeping schedule:
So far the same! A good morning nap and another in the afternoon. Sis likes her sleep and makes her a lot more agreeable if she's rested. Nights are still about 7:30-6. I am hoping over the summer she'll adjust her schedule and sleep in a little bit. HA yeah right!

 New happenings this month:
Honestly nothing too terribly new or different. Looking forward to when I am off in the summer, because we have 3 trips planned! 
-We tried Rowan in the nursery! She was fine for 10 minutes and then screamed the rest. Shannon got her midway and held her so I could enjoy the service. The following week she only cried for a little bit but then calmed down. Fingers crossed this keeps happening!

-We had a GLORIOUS play date with my BFF and her babies. This was a huge deal because they live in Texas and we don't get to see them often!
 

My Rowan dump:

No comments:

Post a Comment