Sunday, May 11, 2014

To the girl that made me a mother....

Rowan Decaris,

Oh my little love. It's 5:21 am and here we are, hanging out. It's officially Mother's Day. In my original set of plans, I was supposed to be 37 weeks pregnant, heavily pregnant with you. Instead, you being the firecracker you are, had other plans. Here you are, and I'm sitting here, watching you sleep:
I watch you sleep everyday and honestly I'm always overcome with emotions. I'm in tears watching you sleep as we speak. While my plan for you had a rocky start, you have inspired me in so many ways. You have taught me to grow up quickly, and I never knew how strong I could be, but I also never knew how much my heart could break. I have felt so broken these last few weeks, but seeing your fiery nature gives me the strength I need. You have made me a mother, and for that, I thank you my sweet girl. You are truly my hero. The minute I was pregnant with you, I had a feeling you would be a force to be reckoned with. You have proven you are a fighter in so many ways than one. You have had to deal with little health setbacks, but yet you handle it better than I can. You are sassy, stubborn, beautiful and you have such a strong nature which is so apparent in your mere 3 weeks of life. You bring your father and I (among so many people) so much joy. You are loved by so many it overwhelms me. Did you know you were prayed for so intensely by so many people? So many family and friends have been rooting for you since day 1. For that, we will always be grateful and thankful for the amazing people in our lives. Rowan Decaris, you have truly stolen my heart. You amaze and scare me all that the same time. I look forward to starting a beautiful new chapter in my life that has been made so complete because of you. Thank you for making me a mother. I love you.

Love you my sweet petunia,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment