Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy 1 month Rowan!





Hello friends!

Wow, my blog sure has taken a back seat now, lol! This post was meant to go up yesterday, lol!

Happy one month to my beautiful Rowan!


What the heck, a month already!?!? I felt like I was pregnant with her like a minute ago. Our journey leading up to her birth has been crazy, and I would like to forget most of April, it was that crazy and traumatic. However, the most beautiful day that I would re-live again and again was the day of her birth, 4/19/14.


From the minute she was born, a whole 6 weeks early, she has proved to be stronger than most babies and had a fiery nature that impressed everyone that met her. It was rough seeing my beauty in NICU. I have said this many times, but I don't wish NICU on my worst enemy. When we were finally able to bring her home at 36 weeks and 2 days, we had no idea the road ahead of us. It has been a interesting journey, and life is completely changed.


To be honest, I have had a rough time, just dealing with my emotions and the fact we can't just take Rowan out (thanks to her fragile immune system) or have a lot of people over has made things very isolating at times. Also, hubby had to go back to work, so at times, especially when I was sleep deprived, made things tough. Her spitting up through her nose issues have been scary. Now, I realize spitting up doesn't seem that bad, but it will pour from her nose, sometimes shoot out of her nose. She has been thoroughly examined and what it boils down to is that it is just reflux. It is way more common than people think. Her stomach sphincter is immature, and in time, she will outgrow it. While I am getting used to it, Rowan has a tendency to make zero noise when it happens. I partly think its because the poor girl doesn't want to swallow it.


Nevertheless, it is very scary to see your baby struggle and flail silently in her own vomit. We simply suction her out, but honestly, it has made this mama cry more than once. Especially when she finally does cry, it just rips my heart out.



Despite all that, it has been a joy being this girl's mother. She is so freaking cute, sassy and quite the character. Here are some fun facts about my Rowan, "in her words":


My name is : Rowan Decaris Potter

My age is: 1 month, technically 38 weeks and 4 days old adjusted (if I was still in mommy's tummy)

I can: lift my neck and legs up! I love to lift my neck when I am laying on my parents and it kinda freaks them out because I move so fast. I am just trying to be strong!

I love to: EAT! Even though I spit up, I love to eat eat eat! I eat between 3-4 ounces of milk every 3 hours.

My weight: Mommy weighed me naked, which made me mad. However, the scale said I weighed over 8 pounds! My parents are happy! We will go to the doctor though to get a for sure weight.

Chub?: Yes, I am getting quite chubby! My mommy and daddy are LOVING it! They say I have lots of rolls in my arms and thighs. Also mommy says she loves my delicious cheeks.

Sleeping at night?: NOPE! I don't cry all night, but I love to grunt, squeal, squawk, and even do squealy cries that keep my parents up. I don't do it all the time, but I think they get scared that something is wrong. Nope, I am just that chatty. I have a lot to say!
I don't like: sleeping at night,  being burped (it makes me angry!) and spitting up! Ooh I HATE spitting up! It makes me cry and cry.

My personality: Well, apparently I am a firecracker and drama queen. People say I have my mama's personality.

I look like: people think I look like daddy. I especially got the "Potter cheeks". I have been told I have mommy's hair, fingers and eyelashes.






Some of our favorite Rowan pictures (sorry the pictures are all over the place!):



















No comments:

Post a Comment