Friday, January 4, 2013

Making up for lost time...

So...yeah. Shouldn't come as a surprise, but its been awhile....
Part of my list of things to do during the break was to blog at least every other day for my faithful 3 readers but yeah, that didn't happen.

I can't believe my break is nearly over. I can't complain, It has been fun and Christmas was great. I thought it would be fitting to do a recap of our 2012.

Our 2012 RECAP (can't promise it will be brief, lol!):

1. The beginning of this year was a bit dramatic as our pup needed a knee replacement (actually, its the one year anniversary as we speak!) and it cost like a jillion dollars. Thankfully, knocking on wood, the pup came out fine and we now call him our million dollar dog.

2. This year, we were blessed with work. I had an incredible group of 6th graders, whom I miss dearly. We thankfully weren't laid off this year and got our jobs BEFORE the school year started! It was a shock for me due to the fact that the last 2 years I got my job back very late into the year. I was so happy to be back at my old site. This fall I have been beyond blessed to be a teacher of a precious group of 2nd graders!

3. This year (more so in the fall time of this year) we began house hunting. I haven't talked too much about it because it has been so painfully frustrating thanks to lack of inventory (example 1 house for 30 buyers. NO EXAGGERATION). I try to not lose my head because God has the perfect house for us!

4. This year was the year of road trips. While my ultimate dream is to travel to Europe (can't thanks to saving for a house), I have come to realize it is not the destination, but more of the quality time you spend with person you are traveling with. And boy, was it fun! Some of the places we went to this year: SF, Disneyland, Hollywood, Las Vegas (twice), Windsor wine country, Murphys, Angel's Camp, San Diego, and Santa Cruz.

5. We celebrated 3 years of marriage this year and we couldn't be happier!! I love my man!

I believe that is it. I am so looking forward to what 2013 brings us.

We are blessed and so incredibly thankful for what God has given us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment