Monday, January 28, 2013

Letters



I think my blog was due for a much nicer, less heavier post than yesterday's nut-tastic craziness. Thank you to those who responded, more so on facebook. I don't know what the heck those dreams were all about! Happy to report that last night there wasn't any scary, awful dreams =)

I have a wonderful friend name Donna Swygert, who I met (along with her fab hubby) through my hubby years ago. She has become such a dear friend to me.  She has a son who is about to be deployed to Afghanistan, which makes me so sad. She is a huge supporter of our troops, and has done an amazing job to bring awareness to so many that we truly need to be supporting our troops.

For the last 2 years or so, my classes have been writing letters to our troops. We will usually produce a good amount of letters and pictures, and then Donna sends them overseas. This time around, I was able to get some classes involved and I was able to give her over 120 letters and pictures. It was awesome!

It is important that our students are aware of the sacrifice and hard work that our troops put forth. It is important to teach them that freedom isn't really free; it comes with a cost. We need to be grateful for the what our troops sacrifice to keep us safe.

I love the letters the kids make. Here is one of my favorites (actually, I had many. This is just one of many).








No comments:

Post a Comment