Thursday, April 3, 2014

8 months pregnant!!!!!!!!!

It still blows my mind when I do this monthly updates! It reminds me that I am so much closer in meeting my sweet little girl! I can't believe I am at month 8 now! Thank you Jesus!

How Far Along: 32 weeks, 8 months pregnant!!!

How are you feeling? Good but getting dog tired! Honestly, I am quite worn out, and feeling major aches and pressure. Teaching all day definitely doesn't help. I am really hoping to at the very least continue working till the first week of May. I am also feeling heavily pregnant, lol! This bump is heavy! 

Size of Rowan: so I feel this is so debatable! Every week I scour the net for fruit/veggie sizes. While most sites agree with each other, some don't and then I don't know if I am "off" in my fruit/veggie sizes. Oh well! Apparently, for 32 weeks, she is the size of a large jicama. 

Total Weight Gain: 16 pounds! Its creeping up, LOL!

Crazy mood swings? Still very emotional!
However, I am getting a bit feisty. I have always been one to speak up if I need to, but I find myself getting a bit testy and letting people know how I feel, LOL! Not sure if this is a good thing, but oh well!

Gender? Still a girl lol, I think, LOL!!!!

Name? Yes! Rowan Decaris. Some poeple have asked how to pronounce it. So...Rowan is pronounced ROW-IN, Decaris is pronounced Dee-CAR-is.

What I miss: Still bloody marys, tummy sleeping and wine. Oh boy, especially wine. I have a list of things to indulge in (within reason) once the girl is here!


Sleep: Not sleeping good, my friends, not sleeping good. I get up so much to pee and I just can't get comfortable. Welcome to the rest of my life of no sleep, lol!

Symptoms: Vericose veins on one leg (haha), major achy/soreness, and some pressure "down there". Doesn't this sound like fun?!?!


Cravings: Dairy, sweets, and seriously, just give me a dang sandwich! I want the Italian one from Togo's, it is not even funny!

Aversions: None


Movement:
During the day while I teach she is quiet. At night she is crazy hiccupy and active. She especially likes it when I have sweets. I am feeling her all over now!

Belly stats: big belly girl! I love my sweet belly. I will honestly miss it when it is gone!!!!!


Worries/concerns: Um, wow. My L&D experience sent me through a loop (link: in case you missed it)
For days after, I was so freaking scared of something going wrong and I'm so afraid of her coming to early despite all proper tests showing otherwise. I really have had to give it to God and let it go. So far, (MAJOR KNOCK ON WOOD) things are okay, just trying to REALLY take it easy. I have been very anxious about labor more so about pain. Everyone says to not be scared (really? not even a little?). I am trying to be cool, but since this is so new to me, I can't help but feel anxious. We are taking a birth class in a few weeks, so I am sure I will probably feel better after that. I also don't appreciate certain "friends" on fb feeling the need to post on the news feed "maternal deaths in hospitals" articles. Really?! Yep, witchy preggo starting to come out....

Maternity Clothes: yep in the pants department. Thankful many of my non preggo shirts and dresses still fit.

Stretch marks? A small one on my hip and one small on my boob. AND two under my belly! I was bummed about it, I honestly thought I would escape the stretch mark train. However, especially after hearing some terrible news about a dear friend, it put a lot of things into perspective. Freaking out over stretch marks is extremely silly in the grand scheme of life. 


Ring on or off?: Still on thankfully! I notice my fingers do swell a bit, but they go back down.

Best Moments this week: Being on spring break, and still reeling from my lovely shower my mom, sis and friends put on! It was awesome!!! Our hospital tour was fun, and it made it so real!


What I'm looking forward to: progressing
more in pregnancy, my church shower, and getting her nursery completed!


Till next time loves!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment