Thursday, April 17, 2014

Must need essentials for hospital bed rest


Hi y'all,

Thank you for bearing with me on the hands down most depressing post I had ever written earlier. I even re-read it and went, "wow, I was a hot mess". Can ya blame me though? LOL!

 QUICK update wise, we are still the same. Rowan is now known as "the diva of the wing", of course said in love, haha! She loves to run away from the monitors and likes to be difficult to find. She hates the monitors pressing on my tummy. I see her literally lift the monitor. It is hysterical. She does fabulous 98% of the time, but then she has her little heart dips that go in to the 120's (her norm is between 140-to almost 160). While she is NOT in danger when she dips that low (that's actually some babies normal baseline!), the docs aren't confident in just sending me home, as I need a clear 24 hours, and honestly, I am okay with that. Just about 20 min ago, she had a 3 minute decel in the 80's. It was super frightening, but she recovered well, and we are okay now.  See why I am scared to go home? I don't even get how I would have known that had happened if I was home. I am still petrified of us going home, for the fear of something scary happening to her. Nonetheless, we are here and I can rest easy in that.  My goals are to keep this girl 110% safe, deliver her safely and take  her home, so I can finally be the mother God intended me to be for her. However, I pray practically hour by hour that God will protect us, especially her. Each day is getting better, and I don't think I could thank y'all enough for praying.

Okay, back to my point....

I have been in the hospital (combined with my south Sac stay) a total of 14 days. WOWZA. At this rate, I could easily go home in a day (if she has a clean strip) or stay here till she delivers. Sigh.

People have mentioned to read, catch up on shows, etc. I have been doing that since day 1 practically. One thing I haven't done yet  is come up with some projects. However, there are certain things that I can't live with out in regards to be not going insane.
 

Here is my top 10 items to survive hospital bed rest:

1. My bible. Nuff said. I make sure each morning to spend some time in the word and in prayer. I have said this before, I feel out of control in the massively scary situation, but what keeps me sane is my faith in the Lord.

2.  Hulu and Netflix. I'm so thankful for these two precious things, lol! I have been able to catch up on my favorite shows and watch some movies.  I have gotten some great recs for new shows, which I am looking forward to starting up!

 

3. Trashy mags. I have a pile of US Weeklys, among others to read through. It's a great distraction!


4. A fabulous support person (or persons):
I have been extremely blessed to have an incredible husband who has been by my side throughout this whole ordeal. I am so thankful! My family has been great and amazing with coming up to visit as much as possible (I'm 45 min away). They have been such an incredible support.  I have had a steady stream of friends visit each week. They are awfully kind in bringing sweet treats, food and magazines! It makes this stay so much more pleasant and its nice to reconnect with the outside world. If people offer help or anything like that, take it!


5. Makeup wipes, cetaphil, eos chapstick-
Oh man, I looooove these  products! I use the wipes twice a day (they are from Trader Joes) and follow up with Cetaphil, which is so gentle on my skin. My skin actually has tolerated this hospital stay thus far!


6. Makeup and hair esstentials-
I use this term loosely, because I can't be up for too long on my feet doing hair and makeup. However, after I cleanse, I do my makeup in bed and my hair (messy bun or pony). This is my way of keeping up a sense of normalcy. Here are some of my faves...


7. Some good reads-
I'm using ibooks and have bought some good books to make my stay better. Here is what I am currently reading:


8. Cozy pillow, slippers and Jammies
Can't stress this part enough. This has also kept me sane. Just having all these cozy items makes the stay better.


9. Electronics-
Thank goodness for my ipad and laptop!

10. Projects/to do list of some kind
While I haven't done any crafty stuff, I think having projects are good. I am currently trying to write shower thank you notes. I also renewed my teaching credential. Cleaning out my purse is part of my list, lol! All of this helps make the day go by!

Well, please continue to keep us in your prayers. This is seriously such an insane time of my life. Please please please that we can keep Rowan safe and nothing will happen to her.

Thanks friends,




No comments:

Post a Comment