Thursday, December 19, 2013

Last Vegas

Oh, my love affair for Vegas.

I have been hooked ever since I went back in 2006. In the past 4 years, we make an annual pilgrimage to the city of sin. Last year we even went twice!

Back in June, hubs and I booked a trip to Vegas a little bit on a whim. We got a fabulous hotel deal through Amazon and our flights were dirt cheap through southwest. We would be going in October, during our two week break.

**Fast forward to October**

I have been asked if Muggle is a Vegas baby. Nope! I was actually already 5 weeks pregnant with Muggle butt. I figured this would be an interesting trip. I definitely couldn't partake in any fun drinks and I knew I probably shouldn't wear my sky high heels (partly because I am klutz). I was still BEYOND excited. I figured this would be my last Vegas hurrah, FOR NOW. I am hoping to go back sometime!

Vegas definitely didn't disappoint. It was fun and we of course had some good ol' fun adventures. Some highlights were eating at some of our yummy fave places, enjoying the sights, and of course, partaking in the nightlife scene, even better we walked in with ease and for FREE (Lavo and Marquee were so fun!). DON'T JUDGE, lol! I wasn't even showing yet, LOL!!!!!!!! Though now, it would look terrible if I did go, haha!!!!

We stayed at the Venetian, which was SO fancy! We usually cheap it out by staying at cheaper places, but thanks to our great deal, we were able to be fancy pants and stay there. Holy cow, it was gorg! I didn't want to leave our room! I made it a point to wear all the robes, sit on all the furniture, watch something on all of the TVs, etc. LOL! It was so fun!

One of my most favorite moments was our Cirque Du Solei experience. Every time we go, we set aside some money to see a Cirque show. Its seriously worth the money y'all! We chose to see Zarkana, at the Aria. We purchased our tickets at the half price ticket booths (seriously you save money) that are on the strip. We went to the Aria to pick our seats.

Now, I would like to point out that hubby and I aren't the type of people who get lucky, like being bumped to first class or a fancy hotel suite. I wish we had that luck, but we don't, lol! So I was pleasantly surprised when the guy helping us moved us up closer (we were in the balcony section) so we would be sitting in the front balcony area, rather than the middle. The ticket prices for those seats were much more pricey,  so we were thrilled for the free upgrade. Then, it got even more fun! Upon arriving later that night, a nice older gentlemen led us to our seats. We were chatting a bit with him and he must have liked us. He took a look at our tickets and said, "How would you feel about sitting on a couch?" We didn't mind of course, though we didn't know what that meant, lol! He ended up taking us to a special couch seating near the middle front! We quickly looked up that those ticket prices were over $300! We were so thrilled and beyond excited for our good little fortune. We thanked him profusely. Our seats were incredible, we could see everything perfectly! I felt so excited, I even cried a little. OH pregnancy hormones, LOL!!!!!

Overall, it was fantastic! As usual, it was a bummer to come home!

Here is some of my Vegas pics, enjoy!





           From left to right...Our flight over to LV/ /Excited to be at Venetian! //Gorgeous lobby and the hub// another shot of the amazing lobby




Being fancypants poolside//before heading out. Hot dang I am small!//crazy hub at dinner// outside of Lavo

  
Inside Lavo, so amazing can't you tell//hub wife shot//wearing a drink band and showing I can't use it lol//cool shot from Lavo dance floor

Serendipitous lunch//my adorb hub with the huge menu//yummo lunch//how I wish that Eiffel was for real!

On our way to Zarkana//in front of the theater// our view!!//dinner after at Mon Ami Gabi
Our view of the Bellagio water show// my yummo dinner// Ah, Marquee was amazing!// inside of Marquee...can't see jack
Don't ask what hubs is doing lol//yummy desserts after a good lunch//one last strip view//bye byeVegas

No comments:

Post a Comment