Friday, April 19, 2013

Favorite Fridays: drugstore vs. name brand (round 2)

Happy Friday all!

So excited about it being the weekend, this week was long and majorly cray.

For my FF post, I decided to do a mini round 2 of drugstore vs. name brand. I had a few friends share that they enjoyed it and I felt that I had more favorite products to share, LOL!

We will be comparing face highlighters. I love them! Face highlighters give that perfect, dewy glow and can make your skin shine (in a good way). I personally have to be careful, because I end up too shiny.

It's Elf Lilac Petal facial whip vs. Benefit's High Beam:


I love Benefit makeup, ESPECIALLY their packaging. I am not a huge fan of how much everything costs, but I still buy it regardless. In a gift set , I received a small version of the face highlighter, High Beam. It was nice, had a rather really wet texture, but did the job. I noticed it would virtually disappear by the end of the day. I did like it, and I considered buying the full product, which costs $26 for 0.45 oz. Hmm....

On a Target trip awhile back, I  discovered Elf's facial whips, which is basically a face highlighter. The cost?? A mere $1. Now, lets see how they stack up:

1. First, these are the applicators:
The Elf version is the tube, high beam on the right. Personally, I like the tube better as you can have better control over blending. I feel like the Benefit kind is pretty much putting on paint, which leads me to the next...

2. Consistency...Elf is thicker, and I noticed it didn't blend as easy. Benefit is much more watery and like I mentioned before, it is gone by the end of the day.

So...how do they stack up side by side? You be the judge:

See a difference? I don't think so! They both (after being blended properly) are the same friggin' thing! Yes, I am in the business of saving $25!! Elf's Lilac Petal is my new official fave!!!

Happy Friday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment