Friday, April 12, 2013

Favorite Fridays: drugstore vs. name brand

To my faithful 3 readers....

Wowza, another dry spell. Holy Moses!

I feel bad for neglecting this little blog, but here we go. As many of you know, I am a true makeup junkie! I know, I know, makeup doesn't make person beautiful, yadda, yadda, yadda.

However, I am a sucker for cute brands and especially cute packaging. I am definitely a brand whore, but as many of us ladies know, fancy brands come with a big cost at times. Since I am not making 150 grand a year, I have had to find great products that could rival the name brand products. 

After testing out some brands, I found some work just as good as the name brand products. Here are some of my favorites:

 
  
Okay, so here we have Bare Minerals flawless definition ($18) on the far left, Maybeline falsies (in the middle) ($6) and Time Balm what's your type on the end ($19)...the best one hands down is Maybeline falsies...I love my lashes bold and long, and this mascara takes the cake. Honestly, the other 2 basically suck. I am down with saving big bucks that way!!

Next, we have ELF high definition powder( $6) compared to Bare Minerals mineral veil ($20...sorry I don't have my own pic of it, left it at home). Now I love my mineral veil, but I found the elf one for so much cheaper. The elf is a little lighter, but has that same shimmer that my mineral veil provides. For $6 bucks, its not a bad deal.

We have Revlon's peach petal ($5.50) compared to Benefit's Life on the A List ($18). I love me a good nude lip color!! Benefit's color is a little more pink, but I noticed that the color was basically the same. Both give off that pretty, nude color that goes great by itself or under/over a bold lipstick.

Lastly, we have Elf's little black book in warm on the left ($5, and I am not even showing all the other colors on the other side!) compared to Cargo's Essential nude palette on the right ($34...yikes!!). Now to be fair, I got my cargo as part of set, because normally I wouldn't spend that much. I absolutely love nude colors, as it complements my poop brown eyes (sorry, my color is boring, LOL!). Now, the cargo is prettty amazing. However, the elf book is also just as amazing. Honestly, I couldn't see much of a quality difference! I love and use both but I am down to save $29!!!   

 I'm hoping to test out more products and post more as I find good discoveries! Hopefully this helped, as saving money is always great!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment