Thursday, March 22, 2012

confessions of a non-runner...

In effort to lose extra weight and try a new workout routine, I had decided to give running a try.

Now, if you know me, you know I don't do running. The thought of  me running is like mixing oil with water. It just doesn't mesh.

I would rather swim 2 miles rather than run a mile. Yes, I know that sounds psycho, but it's the truth (p.s. I am a swimmer, so that makes sense, lol)!.

I decided to plow on and try it anyway. I got the app "ease into a 5k" or something like that...I love the app. For those of us who aren't running inclined, this a good app that allows you to run, walk, run so that you get used to it.

Anywho, this first 3 weeks were easy breezy,  but then the runs became increasingly longer and harder, naturally.

This is how I would like to think I look during my runs:


but  in reality, I feel like this: 


 Hub ran with me once and said I breathe too hard and need to work on it. Um, thanks babe.

My problem is I think have the crappiest endurance known to man. I don't know how you marathon people do it. I want to be able to run miles and miles, but I feel like I clearly lack the stamina.

So...my question to you readers, what tips or advice can you give me, the non runner, so I don't quit???

Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment