Monday, March 19, 2012

rewritten...



This is definitely a re-written blog post...

I had "pre-written" a victory blog post, because March 15th (where districts are legally supposed to give your pink slip) came and went, and hubs and I were both "pinkless". Goes to show you should never pre-plan things...

because.....









UGH.

I went without a pink slip (yay God!!) but my hub got one.Honestly, I didn't see it coming. We knew they were handing them out but the number of them was low, and his principal never did the "pre-warning" talk with him. Sure enough, it was a sad Friday and I had my moment to rant about on FB but of course, in true "Shannon Potter fashion" my sweet hub didn't bat an eye and was calm and collected, unlike his crazed wife.

This is one of the reasons I love my man because he is the most calmest, worry free man I know. Thank God. If he and I were both like me, we would both be in the looney bin, LOL

Well, despite hubs' positive outlook, our pink news cast a pensive mood on our Friday. We were planning on going out to downtown Sac, but instead we said "screw it" to our healthy eating kick, and  splurged on shakes and fries (I know, we crazy right?!?! ) and watched some movies. It was actually perfect.

The next morning, we woke up feeling more positive and refreshed. We have been through worse before with our jobs (try both being pink slipped) and God has brought us through it. I am confident it will be the same again. Every year we go through this stress to get our jobs back.

I am a little bit nervous, but I always tell myself, it could be worse.







No comments:

Post a Comment