Sunday, January 30, 2011

Queen of Cheap shares her favorite store. GO NOW.

One of my most favorite stores in the whole universe is Crossroads Trading Company. If you do not know of this place, you should get to know it. Its like a thrift store but with nice clothes with insane prices. You can find Target and Old Navy clothes, but also in the same store you can find more upscale brands like Jill Stuart, Nicole Miller, Michael Kors,and lots of other brand names. YOu can also find really nice boutique clothing that you can't get anywhere else. Now, a lot of ladies will say, "yeah, but I can't find my size, I'm not a size one!" Rest assured, you can find your size. I am so NOT EVEN CLOSE to a size 0 and I always find something!!

Crossroads has locations in SF, the OC, Sacramento, Portland (there you go Jess, go NOW), San Jose, Santa Cruz, Chicago, Seattle, and all over LA. I am lucky that my Crossroads is an "outlet" Crossroads which means the already great prices are slashed even more.

Its like a dream come true for a cheapie like me.

ANywho, I went yesterday and suprisingly, didn't go too hog wild at the store. I only bought 2 things, which is shocking!! Anyway, I bought a fitted brown (with red pinstripes) Trina Turk jacket for $4.50 and Citizens for Humanity jeans for $13. Jacket and Jeans for under 20 bucks...cant beat that!!

I always like knowing how much I saved, so I looked up Trina Turk online. She is a fun, L.A. based designer (www.trinaturk.com). I found a jacket called the "Andi Jacket" which was the closest to what mine was, and it cost $328 (YOWZA!).
I looked up Citizens jeans on Bloomingdales and their jeans range from $145 and up. (YOWZA again)

I came home and started to create an outfit:









Love the purple on the inside!








I paired my jacket with a pink tee that I bought at another thrift store for a buck. Love it.

Gosh, these jeans are FAB. They are super soft. I might be wearing them quite often, lol!




Since I love accesories so much, I decided to pair this budding outfit with a tan cuff (don't remember where I got it, had it forever), a big gold ring (from Forever 21) and maroon circle bracelet (from Target, circa 3 years ago). I think most neutral, brown accesories would work perfectly.

I added another long necklace and voila! A fun little outfit I will be wearing this week! GO TO CROSSROADS!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment