Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My gift of being cheap...

Fashion is something that I love. A good purse, fab accessories and a good pair of heels can make you feel amazing. My husband will laugh and roll his eyes because I sometimes will literally sit in my closet, and put together and accessorize outfits down to the T, because I love it so much. However, I was never into spending a paycheck for a single outfit. Over the years, I have crafted my talent of what I call is being the Queen of Cheap.

I truly, and sincerely, have a gift.

Some friends would often be jealous, as I would magically find insane deals pretty much out of nowhere. I don't think I have ever a majority of my clothes at full price and even gasp when people spend $50 on jeans (when to everyone else, that actually might be a pretty darn good deal). My favorite cheap-o purchases of all time have been:

-Stila Makeup "barbie" cans with full eye shadows, lip stick, gloss, mascara normally priced at 50 bucks a pop (which is still pretty good for Stila), I only spent 7.99 (at Sephora)

-My fab tan military H&M coat normally 100 bucks for 20 bucks

-Stila concealer, normally $22 bucks, I bought it at Sephora for $3.33

-Chip and Pepper Jeans, Paper Cloth and Denim Jeans, and Seven for all mankind jeans (all ranging between $100-200+) all for less than 15 bucks a pair. (all at crossroads, no joke.)

-Nicole Miller one shoulder strap dress (her dresses cost $200 bucks cheapest and up) for $5.99 at crossroads, NO JOKE.

-Victoria Secret's bikini, top and bottom for 15 bucks (end of summer sale)

And that is only the tip of my cheapness ice burg. I seriously could keep going, but I won't be annoying.

So, you might be saying, what the heck?????? How do you find these deals???

First off, I scour and I mean SCOUR the clearance. I also go to consignment shops, my two faves being Crossroads ( I HEART THIS PLACE) and Plato's closet. I shop at regular stores like macy's, American Eagle, Forever 21, H&M but like I said, I comb through the clearance and look for good deal signs. I also frequent Marshall's and Ross, and I take my time. I also buy what I like to call "fancy girl" shampoo and products, like Chi, Fredrick Fakkai, Sexy hair, etc all at marshall's because their markdowns are insane. There isn't much of a science, but you have to be willing to look, which I know for many there isn't time.

I think I have a solution.

It just came to me today. I stumbled upon a lady's blog where she was devoted to fashion and pointing out trends, except while that is great and dandy, a decent majority just may want to find these items at a good deal and not be broke by the end of the month.

So that is where I will come in.

I won't start another blog. Heck, I am not good at constantly updating this guy. So....I will make it my job to post at hopefully at least once a week if I stumble upon a good sale or find, as I know in these times, we could all use a good deal.

Be on the lookout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment