Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010's highs and lows....

I can't believe 2010 is over.

It seems like time just keeps going faster and faster. I thankful to say this has been a pretty darn good year. While its had its ups and downs, it was definitely great.

I thought of compiling a small list of of the highs and lows of our year

Highs:

-Being a wife-holy cow I love it. I absolutely love being married. Shan is the best and sweetest husband and I am grateful everyday for the wonderful gift that is my husband. He is so handsome, kind, amazing, supportive and so patient. I love him so much.

-Marriage quirks- learning to become a partnership has been fun and silly. Prior to being married, I never lived with a guy before, which is something I am glad I didn't do. It made it all the more fun for Shan and I as we got "used" to each other, lol. We have had so many belly laughs over the silliness =).

-Having a job-it seems like that is a precious commodity these days. God has been faithful and has provided us with jobs and we were never without. Thank you Lord.

-Growing closer to our amazing family and friends. We are grateful to God for our fantastic family and our network of friends. What a blessing they are!!!

-Our house. Yes. It is a high. I have decorated and made our house a wonderful, shabby chic-ish home that makes me just want to stay in it all the time! Its also special because Shan's grandpa built in the 40's, so it holds special memories to my dear hubby.

-Our health- I knock on wood as I write this, LOL. BUt praise God, my fam and I are healthy. It breaks my heart as I know some others near and dear to me have had to deal with cancer and other horrible illnesses, which makes me BEYOND grateful to be a healthy gal. Thank you God. I pray everyday though to myextended family, friends and acquiantances who are dealing with cancer/other ailments.

-Trips! Yes trips!! Shan and I have made it a priority to go on little trips, even if they are day trips. Many outings to Columbia, San Fran, the beach, Hollywood, Disneyland, Beverly Hills, Tahoe, Reno (LOL it was fun!!) and Vegas have been way too much fun and SHan is so fun to travel with. We are hoping to explore Europe someday, as going to Ireland spolied us way too much!!

Some lows :

-Dealing with the pink slips-this summer was brutal as Shannon and I both lost our jobs. It was beyond frightening, but it brought us to our knees and as I mentioned before, GOD HAS BEEN FAITHFUL. I thank God for the experience, despite it was hard. It made me fully rely on HIM and not on my own.

-Mortgage crap-Yep, our mortgage sky rocketed this summer right at the same time of the job loss. It was beyond ridiculous and there was a moment where we didn't know what the heck we were going to do. My knees were definitely sore this summer, as we seemed to pray our guts out. AGain, sorry to repeat but GOD IS FAITHFUL, we were able to get it WAY down and we are all good now!!!!!

-Dealing with loss- One of my best friends, Chrissie, lost her husband (and a dear friend of mine) in the war. Brian Piercy was killed in action, but is a huge hero to so many people. I miss him terribly but eternally grateful to the sacrifice he and so many have done to give us freedom.

-Extended family and friends dealing with sicknesses- Some our family and dear friends have endured tremendous heartache with cancer and other ailments. It has been very hard as their friend to not know what to do, but all I can do is pray. It hurts my heart to see such amazing people having to suffer with this, but my heavenly Father knows these things and is holding them close.

All in all, what a year. I am super excited to see what this year brings. Big things might potentially happen, and I can't wait to see what comes. I am reminded to be thankful everyday and give God the glory to the wonderful things he has put in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I am married to an amazing, beautiful and thoughtful woman who puts up with me and my antics. The 2010 year of really getting to know her has been extremely wonderful! We have laughed, cryed, and learned many new things about each other. We have had a blessed year and look forward to many more with you. Our family, friends, and us have been blessed by the good Lord with peace, love, and health. May none of us experience any loss of any kind this year and may the Lord bless our 2011 year.

    ReplyDelete