Saturday, September 13, 2014

Catch up series: our first mother and Father's Day

Hey everyone,



I'm trying really hard to make sure I'm catching up on all my posts a life in between NICU and now. 

Next step in the series, our first mothers and fathers day. I was so stoked that we brought Ro home in time for Mother's Day. I was so worried we wouldn't be able to. On Mother's Day, Rowan had been home for a grand total of 10 days. To be honest, it was kind of rough for us. The whole experience was just all kinds of crazy. Finally bringing our newborn home was amazing and great. However it was also tough as any parent would imagine. We were running on very little sleep. I was still dealing with so many hormones, feelings, and baby blues. When Mother's day rolled around, I was looking forward to celebrating and enjoying a great day.
 
We celebrated at my sister's house. We started off with eating yummy appetizers and then onto a delicious lunch! Shannon and Rowan got me some beautiful jewelry and a willow tree figurine! That figurine was so especially sweet, because Shannon gave me an expecting willow tree figurine. I really loved it and his beautiful card and words made me cry! Overall, it was super relaxing and the best of it all, I got a nap! Something I needed so badly! I loved celebrating Mother's Day. I never would have thought I would get to this point in my life, and getting the chance to celebrate it was truly special!
 
Some pics of our day, I can't believe how tiny Rowan was:
 
 

 
 
 
 
Now on to Father's day.....
 
If any of you know my Shannon, you know how much my precious husband wanted to be a father. He is one of those rare gems that had no problem at the thought of having children, if anything, I was the one holding us back.
 
Shannon has been such an amazing daddy from day 1. Rowan is seriously one blessed little girl. He super hands on, and is overall just incredible. I was SO excited to celebrate my husband! We once again celebrated at my sister's house. We had a delicious lunch, gave the daddies of our family some gifts and just lounged! Really it was a perfect way to celebrate. Shannon also got to take a nice nap with his princess too. I am so excited Shannon got to celebrate his first father's day. It was so fun!
 
I sadly didn't take AS many pics, but here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment