Friday, September 12, 2014

Catch up series: Rowan's newborn pictures



So....

I'm starting a series of posts that basically is catching you up on our lives between NICU and now. I have posted about the big stuff and random musings, but not the fun, little things in between.

There is so much to cover! Such as:





-her newborn pictures
-our first mother's and father's day
-my birthday
-our first family trip
-her physical therapy and why she started it in the first place





Phew, that's just some to name a few! I have my work cut out for me! First up, her newborn pictures.

Wow, this didn't go quite how I expected it to be. In my mind, back in the preggo days, I thought I was going to deliver at term or later, a few days later meet up with Simply Bee Photography and get our pictures done.

I still laugh how you CAN'T plan things in life. When we brought Rowan from NICU, we all had a hard time adjusting and it was stressful. In hindsight, it probably wasn't that bad, but cue in stress, baby blues, and sleep deprivation, well, everything is heightened by 10. We did Rowan's pictures 3 weeks after she was home.

We met with Simply Bee Photography at our home. Rowan was NOT willing to fall asleep! What a stinker! Normally (and still now) she is a great napper but on the day you needed it to count, well she was being stubborn.

Rowan was very vocal about being naked in the shots, and she wasn't having it, LOL!!! She was squeaky and complainy, but at the end, she delivered and did totally great. I will admit, there were more shots I would have liked to have been done, but I guess I can't complain! The pictures came out beautiful and I was happy with how they turned out! I get pretty emotional looking at them, seeing how tiny she was then and how different she is now.  For example, some of those headbands were too big on her sweet head! Now, some of them are too tight! LOL! I'm so thankful for my beautiful girl!

Here they are!






I love these detailed shots. It is a sweet and wonderful reminder of how little she was!! 






I love them all, but the next two are some of my super favorites!


 And of course, a Star Wars picture HAD to be taken! 






And we ABSOLUTELY had to take a HP picture, our namesake! I just love the HP franchise!


                                                                  That baby booty!


Wow, I was having a decent hair day, LOL! Love this one!




This just gets me every time! Love these two!





Another fave! Born at 7:22 a.m.! 






No comments:

Post a Comment