Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The little city of Angels


People have their "things".

Some people like to ride quads, some people like to fish, some people like to craft (I do too actually)

We like to travel. 

If I had millions of dollars, we wouldn't work (well, maybe take a leave of absence), and we would just see the world. Like, every single dang country.

We were blessed to travel to Ireland for 2 straight weeks for our honeymoon, which made me obsessed about traveling. My ultimate goal: Conquer more Europe.Unfortunately, we are teachers and are trying to save for a house... I know we will go and we are determined. So, for the mean time, road trips and in-state vacays are in order.

I can't complain. I love that we can and are able to just "get-away". In the 3 years of marriage, we have logged in quite a bit of miles going to different places and experiencing travels as hubby and wife. I have loved every second of it.
 About 2 weeks ago, we went to Angel's Camp. It's about 45 minutes out of Stockton. Its not a glamorous city (heck, its barely a town) but its filled with nature, crisp fall air, wineries (always a plus), caverns, and surrounding towns that rival movie sets.

Day 1: Checked into our time-share (which I love, but that's another post). We stayed in a cozy, lovely condo that had such a nice view! It was perfect. The weather was so dang cold! I didn't care though, because I LOVE when its cold! We decided to explore Angel's Camp strip (LOL!) and there really isn't any night life. We explored the precious town and kept it simple by ordering in pizza and ice cream (SO HEALTHY, I know!) and watching some Dexter =)

Day 2: In the morning, we did an owner's update, and got a cruise out of it. No joke or gimmicks, Wyndham (the timeshare) treats you well! All we have to pay is our port taxes and our way to the port. YES. After, we headed to Murphys, and boy, did I fall in love with the town! Since I left my camera, I took a pic with my iPhone but it didn't do it justice. Here is a "professional" picture:
 
 
 
 
Even this picture doesn't even cut it close to how cute and quaint it is. It looks like a place that a movie could be filmed at. I loved it! After some brief exploring, we headed to Mercer Caverns, which was discovered about 127 years ago. It was so rad.  We went down 161 feet underground. IT WAS AMAZING! After, we wine tasted in Murphy's, came home, had dinner and then went to the local movie theater and saw Skyfall (so good!). We were curious to try a "small town" theater and it was interesting for sure! The prices are actually cheaper!
Day 3: Our last day =(. Nothing super duper eventful. We checked out, headed back to Murphy's, had some lunch and went to some antique shops. Yes, we lived on the wild side, hee hee.

Overall, the weekend was an amazing success!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment