Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Making my pin a reality...kind of a fail?

Like every woman in America,

I am IN LOVE with pinterest.

However, I pin and pin till the cows come home, yet I don't seem to follow through on any of my pins. Well, last night, I finally recreated something.

This is the original picture that I pinned. It says to make a copy of your marriage certificate, glue it on a wooden letter, and voila, it will look like this:


Now, there are some problems with this pin.Clearly, its misleading. First of all, its cutesy shabby chic (which isn't a problem) but marriage certificates aren't like that and also, if you look even closer, it looks store bought and the "certificate" is in French.

Hrumph. Not to be discouraged, I did it anyway. I figured, it would be something different.
Directions: basically, make a copy of your marriage certificate, trace your initial on the back of the certificate, decoupage it on a wooden letter, and BAM you are done.

It is seriously easy and it was. Midway through my project, I realized I was  forgetting to take pictures of the process, so I don't have many. This is my ONE pic:


 Some problems I ran into: My letter was quite large and my copy was too small. So, I made two copies and I fudged it to make it work.

             
Final Product:

I don't know that I love it. Personally, it looks weird. I was so bummed. I hung it up lopsided anyway and let it be. However, when hub got home and went into our room, He came out and said, "hey the letter looks awesome". I give him a look of disbelief. He responds with "no, really, I like it! Good job!"

Thanks babe, for the encouragement.  I'll keep it.




No comments:

Post a Comment