Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Update on "losing it"

First off, thanks to my peeps who have reached out through FB, emails and texts and shedding some light on this "hair-gate" issue.

Last week I went to the doc and told her my plight. Long story...she checked me out, immediately sent a referral to the dermatologist (super hard to do in Kaiser world apparently), and she ordered the biggest blood work up ever.

Cut to two days later...got my blood work done.

Cut to 4 days later...appt with the derm.

I told her my story and she asked me a ton of questions. She pulled up my bloodwork and everything was FINE. Yep, nothing strange, crazy, or out of the ordinary. My thyroid levels were excellent. While that was great, it was a bit frustrating because at least if my thyroid was out of whack, at least we would know that was the cause.

She then played with my hair, examined my scalp, had an assistant take lots of pics of my scalp. Then she asked if I wanted for her to do a scalp biopsy. Of course I said yes, let's find a solution already!

Then, I see her taking out sharp scissors, needles and such.

GULP.

She puts a shot in my head (which shockingly, didn't hurt that bad!) and numbed me up pretty good. Then, using her tools (I chose to not look, LOL) she cut out a small chunk  of my scalp to be examined.

It will take 10 days for it to get back from the lab and we go from there.

Let's hope we find a solution and put an end to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment