Tuesday, July 19, 2011

day trippin'

Hub and I love to do day trips. We really try to go to places where we can take our dog child Zeus. We decided to go up to Angel's Camp and Columbia. We have been a few times, and we thought this time to take my mama. I am very fortunate that my mama and hub get along very well. She absolutely loves her son-in-laws and would probably get them away with murder, haha!

When mom arrived, we packed a picnic lunch and made our way up. Angels Camp was definitely fun, and I did some antique shopping (well, didn't buy anything). We then took my mom up to Columbia. It was so fun. The weather was beautiful. Columbia, is a fun Gold Rush town and has so much history. It was a blast! We also got a lot of compliments on Zeus, and I was definitely a proud mommy. Here are some fun pics of our day:



how cute was this sign?!?! Would love it for my kitchen!

haha, my favorite people in jail, LOL

How darling is this pic?? Daddy explaining to Zeus, who is clearly paying attention, lol!

love these guys!!!

my beautiful mother and I, I love her so much!!!

my handsome boys!!

old school house, it was so fun to see!

the inside of the old school house, how cute, but not practical!

a pic of Columbia, which I edited to make it look "old" LOL

Another shot

The Potter Family =)

 Exploring

My poor pup, he was so pooped!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Columbia!! I haven't been there in years but I really want to take David. I think we are going to go next summer. I have a picture in that same jail doorway! Did you go to the candy store? Yummm...Cute pics sweetie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon!! Yeah we love Columbia too and its barely an hour from our house! Its a fun getaway for a few hours!!! I think we went to the candy store you are talking about...do they sell ice cream there??

    ReplyDelete