Sunday, May 8, 2011

Isn't she lovely?





Isn't she beautiful??? It's my mommy!!! And I love her to death. Now I know Mother's Day was last week, and I had originally wanted to post that day, but you know, we should celebrate our mommies everyday.



My mom is an amazing lady. I can't stop raving about her. What is she like? Well, she is sweet, beautiful, kind, compassionate, a little sassy, a strong, Christian lady, and has killer style (in these old school pics, I am so loving her clothes and accesories, lol) The fact that she could put up with my sister and I, well, it makes her amazing, HAHA.


One of the things that I love about her is her patience. As a little girl, I never remember her yelling or losing her cool with me or my sister. She was firm, but patient with us. She was loving and kind, and was always willing to give kisses or hugs whenever we wanted.


As we got older, my parents made it very clear to us that they were our parents first, not our friends. At times I felt frustrated with my mom when she wouldn't let me wear whatever I wanted, or let me stay out till 3 am . If anything, I was a brat about it, trying to argue my way through it, but my mom (and daddy too) always stood firm. I really respected them for that.


As my sister and I progressed into adults, we would see our family endure a tremendous heartbreak.

My daddy's cancer returned and my mother was the rock of our family. She never once left my daddy's side, went to every appointment, was his advocate and put every need before hers. It was truly heartbreaking to see them at this point. When he passed away in October of 05', my mother was completely broken. She lost the love of her life, the man she was married to for 31 years. We lost our other best friend, our daddy.
My mother had to pick up the pieces, but of course, for ALL of us, it wasn't easy. I always admired her though. The way she was able to wake up each day and carry on was an inspiration to many.


I love my mom to death. I am fiercly protective of her and would seriously do anything for her and her hapiness. My sister, myself, our hubbies and her grandkids are beyond blessed to have her. I love you mama!!!!















































No comments:

Post a Comment