Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy birthday Daddy....

As an FYI, this is a longie post.You have been warned =)

Happy birthday to the most wonderful, fantastic and amazing father a girl could ever have.

I am really dissapointed that I don't have some pictures of him on this post like how I did with my mom. I wasn't able to drive up to my mom's and scan some. Its okay, I'll do a follow-up picture post. =)

His birthday is the day after mine. I was named after him (his name was Carlos) He often said that I was his "gift", hee hee.

This upcoming October will make it 6 years since he lost his batter to cancer, but honestly it still feels like yesterday.

His passing has left a huge hole in my heart, but God is continuing to heal me.

I miss everything about him, miss hearing him call me "Charlie" (random daddy nickname for Karla, lol), how every birthday he would blast "las mananitas" (a Mexican birthday song) on the CD player to wake me up, his fun, silly jokes but I especially miss his sweet spirit and the amazing wisdom that he had.
He was a fantastic father and a wonderful husband to my mother.

He was the kind of daddy who was very protective of his girls, encouraged me at every phase of my life, whether I was a third grader struggling in math or 21 year old not sure if my calling was in teaching (thank you Dad for convincing me that it was).
He was always there for us.

To see him detoriate because of cancer just ripped me to shreds. I think my mind has partially blocked out the last week of his life, because it was beyond traumatic for my father and my family, and I refuse to remember him that way.

There times I would plead with God to heal him and make him better. Sometimes, there were times I was screaming to God, demanding that he heal him.

I remember getting married, feeling like my heart was breaking because I longed for my dad to walk me down the aisle. Or the very thought that my future children won't have the honor of ever knowing him makes me want to cry.

Lord needed dad a whole lot sooner than we all would have liked. At the same time, the Lord knew what he was doing.


Its times like these that I wish I could hug him one more time and have a nice heart to heart with him.

It also times like these that makes me grateful that I married my hub. He has lost both of his parents to cancer, and competely gets my emotions. My dad would have adored him. He was the kind of man my dad hoped I would marry.


I hope my family and I have made him proud. We miss him terribly. Daddy, happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment