Sunday, August 22, 2010

you better take them off!!

Besides my pups, my carpet is my other baby. I lovingly take care of it by powdering, cleaning and vacumming (is that a word?) a few days a week. I know I know, you think I am weird. But prior to some other posts, we probably already established that, haha. Last summer, we installed a beautiful new carpet in the house, replacing the 70's shag that was once there. Once my beautiful carpet was installed, we came up with a house rule. At the Potter household, our rule is we take off our shoes upon entering the house. I am part of an elite group of households that uphold this, as most houses don't require this rule, as it is hard to keep up with. Somehow, we managed. As we know, I have cleaning OCD. The thought of yucky shoes that have touched God knows what from outside touching my precious carpet makes me skeve. Most people have been respectful of the rules, while others whine about it, but I could care less. Its my rule, dangit!
ANyway, one of my all time fave sites is etsy.com. I found a "take off your shoes" sign, and ordered it. I hung it up on the doorknob and I was a proud wifey. Then, one night we leave and my mischevious pups decide to knock it over and chew it up. Needless to say, mama ain't happy. Instead of re ordering, I decided to make my own. I buy a $4 piece of wood and $3 in paint (in my wedding colors, no less) and I made my own sign. My darling hubbs drilled and hung it up for me, high enough where my dennis the meanace pups can't reach it. Potter wife is now very happy. As the saying goes (which I love love love) "Happy wife, happy life" LOL. So, next time you come to visit my domain, take heed of my sign. =)
Hubby starting to drill...he ends up aiming higher because of our mischevious pups could still get it!
Tightening it up =)
hanging up my sign
Happy Potter wife, happy life =)






No comments:

Post a Comment