Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So...
This blog was supposed to chronicle my life as newly fresh wife. Well, I have sucked at this. My one year anniversary is a mere weeks away!! I feel like Ihaven't blogged hardly at all. So, I'm going to make up for lost time =).

Upon being married, I had the starry eyed dream of what married life would be with my new husband. Upon being a wife, I never ever lived with a guy, besides my daddy, lol! I had no clue. I must say, it sometimes have felt like a comedy show. Our first few weeks of marriage were a bit of a whirlwind, since we were (very blessed to be) honeymooning most of the first 3 1/2 weeks between Las Vegas and Ireland. Once we FINALLY were home, it was so like playing house. It was pretty comical. I was beyond excited to go grocery shopping ( I know, weird), have a spotless house (still feel like that) and make dinner. It felt so fun (still is!) to live with him.
We also learned very quickly our crazy quirks . Ah, where do I start?
Shannon has to have the bed made a certain way. I leave cabinets open (drives him nuts!). Shannon hangs his clothes in a certain way, and they have certain hangers. Oh and did I mention its color coordinated? While I on the other hand, I could care less. My side looks like an insane color explosion. Shannon once again re-learned my obssession with all things high heels and how my shoes have taken over the cupboards in our laundry room, lol! Oh and our sleeping habits...he snores and it drives me wild!! He gets annoyed when I hog all the sheets. Oh and did we talk about leaving the toilet seat up or down? ANyway, its like one big comedy show. Its all about getting used to living with another. While some of these quirks could have led to petty arguments, I think we have embraced it. After all, we are stuck with each other for life. We have ended up laughing at each other so many times. Now, practically a year later, we have adjusted. No matter what though, I love this man to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment