Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wedding Day







So,
Some girls dream of their wedding day since they could walk and talk and yep that was me. I laugh at some of the ideas I came up with as a young girl, because one, it was probably something crazy and unrealistic and two, the wedding dresses I imagined as a girl are now BUTT UGLY, lol (gotta love the eighties!!)!
September 19th was truly a magical day. Some may disagree (lol), but I don't think I was super bridezilla-ish. I tried to remain as calm as humanly possible. I am proud to say I planned everything, and I do mean everything all by myself. Sure, I had my amazing family and fiance helping me out but I was the mastermind behind it all. I am pretty darn proud I acutally pulled something off!
I must give a shout out through, to my amazing wedding crew of family and friends. Everyone was SUPER helpful and supportive the day of the wedding and were BEYOND helpful and it was flawless.
Our wedding was gorgeous and sunny (a bit hot I might add). From my point of view, nothing really went wrong. I felt like a true princess and one of my favorite moments was seeing my husband fo the first time, as we did see each other before the ceremony. It was AWESOME. I have been told numerous times that our ceremony was very emotional and it was. I think all of the bridal party, guests, us, and our pastor were all crying at some point. First the girls and I walked down to some beautiful music from the movie, Braveheart. The music is so powerful and super pretty.
We did a candle lighting to honor my father and his parents (both deceased due to cancer) and that right there was crazy hard. I am honored my brother in law was able to walk me down. My Dad would have been very happy and I could feel his presence the whole time. Shannon and I also did our own vows, it was amazing but we both cried our way through it. It was truly surreal.
Our reception was a blast too. We were introduced by walking into the main "Star Wars" theme. Anyone who knows my hubby knows Shannon is OBSESSED with Star Wars. We also walked under a tunnel of light sabers, held up by the bridal party. The reception was beautiful and fun and we basically danced the night away.
overall, what a day. I am grateful and blessed for our big day and thankful for our family and friends. 6 months later, I still am on cloud 9 and couldn't be happier


























No comments:

Post a Comment