Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rowan's nursery reveal!!!



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have been beyond excited to finally reveal one of most favorite things, Rowan's nursery!!!!

It has taken awhile to get her nursery complete. When I was happily pregnant, I had big plans over the last few weeks of my pregnancy to "git r done". And well, that didn't happen, thanks to my psycho baby drama. Note to self, don't put it off!



When I was in the hospital and going through NICU, I felt all time stopped and EVERYTHING  got put on the back burner. Getting her nursery done was not a priority any more. However, once the dust settled, I focused back on everything else. When Rowan was close to 3 months, her nursery was finally complete. I ADORE her nursery. I love to  interior decorate and this nursery was a labor of love for me! I personally feel its my favorite of the whole house! Its bright, cheery, and full of whimsy. It is hard to have a bad mood in her room!  In regards to her theme, I can't place an exact title. The one word that comes to mind is whimsical. Her main colors are mint (the pictures seem to show it's green), gray chevron and coral.  Originally I wanted a rustic, shabby chic room. I went against it because my whole house has that theme. I saw that I was gravitating towards mint and other cheery colors. I pored hours over pinterest, gathering ideas and looks of what I wanted her room to be like.  I would also like to point out that  I did a dang good job staying on a very low budget. I probably spent maybe a little less than $200 on her room (numbers later). Okay, enough talking....here it is!



The entrance to her room! Damask "mirror" was a Michael's purchase and the  "R" was a gift!


The feeding corner and book shelf area! The chair is an 60's vintage family piece! I love this corner as its cozy and a perfect place to feed Rowan! I am in love with her lamp! Rowan is very fascinated by the bright colors.   


                                      

Another view of her bookshelf. She got so many books from her sweet cousins Sam and Abby! I'm hoping to add more as time goes on! I also love the frames on her shelf. I also would like to add one or two more frames. In case you are wondering, the picture in the black frame is of Rowan holding her daddy's finger in NICU. She wasn't even a week old then!
Another side view of her room! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her gallery wall. I wanted to put up fun, whimsy pictures, as well as encouraging type of sayings. Except for the "Follow that dream" sign, I either made the wall art or got it for FREE off of pinterest. I am always sharing, so I will post about those! You can easily spend a ton of money on wall art, but going the free route is better! The frames (except the "follow" one) were purchased at Walmart and cost between $2-$4.


I love her wall art. Rowan loves it too! She grins and coos at her wall!

THAT RUG. AHHHHHH I just love it! One of the more expensive purchases, it fit perfect in her room!

Her closet area...yes she has the old school mirrors! I used to hate them, but now I don't mind as she is noticing herself and loves it!  The banner and circles were a DIY project. I love the pop of color and cheer that it brings!


A super bright angle of her room, lol!
I love her curtains! Despite them looking orange, they are a coral ombre style! So cute!

Her crib. Her crib means the world to me, as her grandfather bought this crib over 10 years ago for her cousin Sam. He and his sister slept in it, and now my Rowan gets the chance! Aren't the pom poms cute? My amazing friend Eva made them! Rowan LOVES them, and will often stare and give them a gummy smile! 


Behind her door....we use the back of her door as storage for shoes, bows, and other small items. The twinkle sign was another fun purchase!
 I hope you enjoyed the reveal! I'm so proud of it! The best room in the house, in my opinion!

My girl and I, hanging out :-D




1 comment:

  1. Aww I love her nursery!! aren't those gummy grins the best?!

    ReplyDelete