Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We are pink....

Haha, the title.... Well its not what you think. Sorry. Not the time yet. BTW, this is a longie post. Just so you are prepared. Hubs and I are both officially pink slipped. I know y'all knew about me, but hubby got one too. Yep, its happened it again. Lately my attitude has been very indifferent regarding our pink slips. Does it mean that I don't care that we will lose our jobs and health benefits? No way, I definitely care. In fact, I am pissed off. Pissed that myself and so many gifted teachers have to endure another hell and that the kids suffer at the lack of good money management in our govenment. No, I definitely care. Its just that its the 4th time its happened and God always provides and pull through, despite our situation looking so incredibly dim. It brings back memories of a post I posted last year: http://thewonderfulworldofthepotters.blogspot.com/2010/06/control_03.html it talks about hub and I being pink slipped. It was a very bad time for us. We both lost our jobs and bad things kept happening, one after another. It was sheer insanity. I thank God for Shannon. He was my rock through this time, and we were able to turn and lean on each other, which is what you should do during the "for worse" times in a marriage. I love that man more than anything...ok done being mushy. It makes me shudder remebering it. I remember times being on the phone with my mom, bawling in pure hysterics, not knowing what we were going to do because everything was falling apart. I felt like I had bruised knees because I felt like every 5 minutes I was praying and praying to God to help us. And did he? Oh yes he sure did! For one, Shannon got his job back, the craptastic things that were happening God was able to bring us through it, and God provided work for me by allowing me to susbtitute teach again ( which I hadn't done in years), and then later, getting rehired to a regular teaching position. As I reflect and see how we grew and were molded by this experience, how even more my marriage to Shan became even more solid and strong, I see how God will help us through this bad time, and if we survived last year, we will survive this. I also hate to do this, but please vote yes for the tax extension. Its going to save all of our jobs. I know people have different views, but at the end of the day, think of the kids. Without this, education is really, really going down the drain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this :( I know it is scary and stressful but hold onto the fact that God has always provided every single time this has happened. We serve a faithful and loving God and I know he will provide for you and Shannon. You guys don't deserve to have to go through this every year. I pray that it will get better and I will pray that God will provide jobs for both of you. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete