Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Coach's wife


I am a wife of an amazing man, but that is nothing new. I am also a coach's wife.

Hub has been a swim and water polo coach for the last 21 years (as you can prob. notice he isn't 20 years old, lol. In case you are wondering, we are 12.5 years apart, LOL. And yes, he gave me permission to say that hee hee). He only coaches swimming now, but his career has been a long and successful one.

When hub was in high school and college, he was always the best water polo player and swimmer on his teams and he was always all-american as well. I know I am biased but we have millions of awards, trophies and newspaper articles to prove it as well =).


When I was first dating my Shan, I was introduced to the team, which at first, weren't quite accepting of this lady "taking their coach away". As time wore on and we got serious, many joked, "You marry Potter, you marry the team". I laughed but.....


They were right.


From January to May, hub not only wears his teacher hat but also his coach's hat as he runs around coaching, going to meets, etc. etc. Its hard when he comes home late or exhausted but at the same time, it makes me so happy to see him do what he does. He doesn't get paid crazy big bucks, but does it simply for the love of the sport.


Being married to him is sort of being married to a celeb, no joke. Literally everywhere we go, whether its Sac, Elk Grove, Galt, Lodi, and Stockton, we ALWAYS run into a former swimmer. Its kind of funny. However, my heart swells with pride when I hear his former players or swimmers say how much he has impacted their life, how much he means to them, or when their parents say to me how great he is, or when other coaches come up to him and say, "we have heard so much about you, how you are an amazing coach and so well respected". As a wife, I am floored. And I think, that is my hubby!!!!


I love you babe, I am proud of you!!


This is hub, circa 6 years ago while he was coaching. And yes, I realize I took a picture of a picture, LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment