Saturday, November 24, 2012

If I'm really being honest...

This may be a long post, but it is defintely due. This is keeping me motivated.

So...this is me in high school:


A size 2, 110 pounds.


 
I did 2 sports and was super active. I had the craziest metabolism, and I could eat whatever I wanted.

Then, I went away to college and gained weight. I thought I looked huge but in hindsight, I was normal. This was me, at what I thought I had gained a lot of weight (I know, I'm an idiot):



After college,  when I met my hubby, and eventually getting married, the weight was creeping:



After marriage was a big low in my weight. I went up in dress sizes and just didn't feel great physically. I don't know why it got so bad but I think  it was definitely not eating clean (more crap than anything else) and the sheer laziness of not wanting to work out. It is so much easier to stay home than to workout. A few weeks ago, I looked in the mirror and I was so sad at what I saw. I don't know what the hell happened. In pictures, I looked so heavy, and I knew that wasn't me. If you notice, most pics I post on FB are of my neck up, because I hate how I look.  

I knew something had to change. Hubs and I talked about getting a trainer, except most trainers I looked into were the cheapest, $600. We can't quite do that at the moment. However, the answer was glaring me in the face. I needed to use hubs. Hubs is a swim coach and essentially, a trainer. Prior to every season starting, he trains the team in a 2 month intense dryland routine. He shared that he wanted to train me, but didn't know if I could look at him as a trainer instead of my hubs. I told him I wanted to take the plunge.

So we started working out. It hasn't been easy (hubs is a CRAZY trainer) and I even skipped a week and half of working out due to conferences, report cards, and other madness. Eating has been horrible too, as I LOATHE eating healthy because I am always hungry when I actually eat right. However, I know it needs to be done. I  have now found different ways to keep me from being hungry.

Bottom line, things have to change. Now, I don't want to be a size 2 or weigh 110 pounds. However, I would love to lose inches, maybe a dress size or two, and just simply be healthy.

Okay, so here goes nothing! Any encouragement, tips or advice is appreciated, though I will say (for my friends who do shakes) please don't push any shake program on me. No offense =).

4 comments:

  1. We are in the same boat girl. Well, at least someone male is in your boat lol. It is hard work but I am simply getting myself to the gym, where I am much more motivated, and I am dropping the weight. I have a shit metabolism, 2 kids, and 3 knee surgeries in the past 4 years. If I can do this, you can do this. Let's get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Shannon!!! I truly have no excuse! The thing that scares me is that I have no kids, so really, I should be in the best shape of my life, lol!!! You are doing an amazing job! Maybe we could be online accountability partners? I need that!!!

      Delete
  2. I know you don't want anyone to push anything on you and i would never want to force anything one anyone. But you might want to look into eating paleo. I have started that last year and it helped immensely with weight loss and boosting my energy. Its very much a healthy eating program and it will also keep you full. If you want anymore info on it just ask. I'll be more than happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan!!! No worries, you aren't pushing anything on me!!! It's funny you say that, because paleo was one of the things I was looking into! Ilike to hear that you don't get hungry!! I'll be emailing you, hope wedding planning is going well!! =)

      Delete