Monday, November 7, 2011

losing it....

So this is another serious post :(

I don't like writing serious posts, I like to keep things nice and light, but I feel like I need to post, because I really need to get insight if anyone else is dealing with this.

Back story:

I have been blessed with lucious locks. Super thick, black hair. My hair would really take over my head, because it was so thick.

But in the last year, I have been dealing with major hair loss.

I have been losing lots and lots of hair, to the point where its thinning so much on top.  I notice it a lot when I am in the shower. I chopped off my hair to see if it would help, and it hasn't changed anything.
Its gotten bad to where I put it up, you can see streaks of my scalp.

I have tried to remain calm, but I am freaking the hell out. Now, I realize people are dealing cancer, tumors and AIDS, and that this isn't life threating. It truly, could be worse.

I get that. But this isn't normal either.

Some changes I have done:
- not styling my hair as much, barely ever blow drying my hair.
-Taking hair vitamins and a mult-vitamin
-trying, as much as humanly possible, to not to be stress case/worry wart

Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment. Ladies please, if you have dealt with this, please give me some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment